SUCCESS AMPLIFIED WITH
What is Defy Expectations Business Mentoring?
Success amplified. Personal access on a regular basis to a senior business leader who understands first-hand what you are going through and can bring their experience to help you be a better leader. Defy Business Mentoring helps you navigate the politics, avoid the mistakes, and deliver faster on your objectives. It gives you a safe space in which to discuss opportunities, threats, and future plans. We deal with both business and personal issues and objectives, aware that one can impact the other.
What we offer:
All Defy Business mentors are experienced senior businesspeople who have founded, run, bought, and sold companies large and small, local and global. We bring this experience to you. We are objective, focused on success, and ruthless where necessary and we are there for you.
- Our aim is to use our experience to help you:
- Tackle new challenges and initiatives with confidence & skill
- Succeed faster
- Avoid the obvious and less obvious mistakes
- We will
- Give you an objective sounding board
- Provide support and challenge
- Hold you to account for what you have committed to do to accelerate your success
- Supply appropriate tools and techniques that will deliver success
How we work
- Defy Business Mentors work on a monthly retainer. The retainer allows you to work flexibly with your business mentor in a way that suits your needs.
- We start with a longer face-to-face meeting that will produce a plan of action and success criteria & measures for your mentoring
- We have many models that work for different clients, we will find the one that suits you. As examples:
- A regular 2-hour monthly call
- A weekly half-hour call
- Ad-hoc calls as you need them
- We work on a month-by-month basis and we bill monthly in advance. You can cancel the contract at any time, and we also reserve the right to cancel if we feel you are not getting sufficient value from our work.
- We are flexible in the ways that we work. We use all the major remote platforms; we use face to face where appropriate and we use Defy Expectations proprietary tools where these will be helpful
- Whether your business mentoring is paid personally by you, or by your company, we will not discuss anything from your mentoring sessions with your company without your permission. If your company has objectives for its investment in you, then we will discuss these with you and incorporate them into our work.
Pat Chapman Pincher
Pat is a world-class Business Mentor. She combines deep business experience with coaching and mentoring skills, and that enables her to help others succeed faster. Having spent more than 40 years in the global technology industry through good times and bad, she knows how to succeed in both. She has created and grown public and private leading-edge technology companies from start-ups to major multinationals and has broadened her experience with Chair and NED roles.
What will you gain from your Business Mentoring investment in working with Pat?
- A sounding board for all your plans and concerns who is independent, experienced in all aspects of business and business mentoring, takes a holistic approach to your business and personal ambitions, and is there to help you succeed.
- A Mentor who will help you accelerate your development and will help you face some of the hard but necessary changes to your leadership approach.
- A partnership with someone who will hold you to account for delivering on the changes you need to make.
Vicky has three decades of senior-level, real-world expertise and proven results gained with some of the world’s leading organisations in the Healthcare, Sporting Goods, Education and Tech sectors. She uses these deep insights to help others succeed faster. Vicky uses her proven capabilities to enable businesses, their leaders and their people to transform, scale, and grow with sustainable results and impact. She draws upon her successful career in Senior Commercial Sales, Customer Leadership and HR Talent Development roles, combining functional knowledge enablement, coaching, and mentoring, with a creative, entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on application.
Vicky channels her passion for Start-up and Scale-up businesses as a dedicated mentor, coach and subject matter expert, sharing high-value knowledge and insight in sales, business development and marketing, to enable founder teams on their journeys. During this time, she has mentored over 30 student and accelerator teams, remaining an advisor to several of them supporting their growth.
What will you gain from your Business Mentoring investment and working with Vicky?
- A proven professional who is deeply committed to bringing value to enable your success and helping you avoid costly mistakes.
- A sounding board for your plans and concerns who is independent, experienced in all aspects of business and business mentoring, who takes a holistic approach to your business and personal ambitions.
- A partnership with someone who will hold you to account for delivering to commitments and to adjustment to change where it will bring benefit.
- A Mentor who will help you accelerate your development and help you face some of the hard but necessary challenges to your leadership approach.